Black belts - 4th Dan
Guidance information for you.
4th Dan Black belt
Congratulations on your promotion to 4th Dan.
In addition to more advanced Tae Kwon-Do skills,
- Referee skills/course Part 2 (18 yrs & above)
- Achieve & maintain requirements as previous Dan Grades.
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Other optional courses & skills for assisting/Instructing, referee and/or officiating.
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional).
- Minimuim training time before 5th Dan:- 5 years
Minimum ages for formal course:- Instructors courses: 18 years.
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings directly before any formal grading date.
(It is advantageous for Dan grades to extend their abilities & knowledge of Tae Kwon-Do by studying such things as the principles of instructing others. However it is not mandatory to teach at a club or start a club of your own, that is completely optional).