Black belts - 1st Dan
Guidance information for you.
1st Dan Black Belt
Congratulations on your promotion.
Our Black Belt syllabus teaches you even more about the art including;
- Speciality techniques,
- Advanced skills & patterns (3 per Dan),
- Umpires skills/course Part 1 (16yrs & above)
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Other optional courses/skills for assisting/Instructing and/or officiating.
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional),
- Star grading system (mandatory for under 16yrs) – (Syllabus)
- Minimuim training time before 2nd Dan:- 2 years
Black belts can learn more about teaching/officiating. Minimum age for formal courses:-
Umpires & Assistant instructors: 16 years.
Referee & Instructors courses: 18 years.
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings that occur in the 2 months immediately before their grading date.