Black belts - 1st Dan
Guidance information for you.
Congratulations on your 1st Dan Black Belt.
Our Black Belt syllabus teaches you even more about the art including;
- Speciality techniques,
- Advanced skills & 3 patterns,
- Umpires Part 1: (mandatory for 16yrs & above)
- Tournanment rules info
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Star grading system (mandatory for under 16yrs) – (Syllabus)
- Must attend Pre-gradings with TAGB Grand Masters / Masters every 6 months
- Minimum training time before 2nd Dan:- 2 years
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional)
- Other optional courses & skills for assisting/Instructing, referee and/or officiating.
Available courses & min ages/requirements:-
Umpires PT1: 16 years & over. (Mandatory)
Class assistant course: 14yrs upwards (optional - to assist 'supervised' by your instructor at sessions),
Assistant Instructor course: 17yrs & above (optional - can teach with or without your instructor's supervision)
Instructors course: 18 years & above (optional, but must have already passed the Assistant Instructors course)
School Instructors Management course: (Optional for adults who've passed both Assistant Instructors & Instructors)
Referee Pt 1 : 18 years & above (Optional).
Referee Pt 2: 18 years & over (Optional)
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings that occur in the 2 months immediately before their formal grading date.
(It is advantageous for Dan grades to extend their abilities & knowledge of Tae Kwon-Do by studying such things as the principles of instructing others. However it is not mandatory to teach at a club or start a club of your own, that is completely optional).