Black belts - 1st Dan
Guidance information for you.
1st Dan Black Belt
Congratulations on your promotion.
Our Black Belt syllabus teaches you even more about the art including;
- Speciality techniques,
- Advanced skills & 3 patterns,
- Umpires Part 1: (mandatory for 16yrs & above)
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Star grading system (mandatory for under 16yrs) – (Syllabus)
- Must attend Pre-gradings with TAGB Grand Masters / Masters every 6 months
- Minimuim training time before 2nd Dan:- 2 years
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional)
- Other optional courses & skills for assisting/Instructing, referee and/or officiating.
Available courses & min ages:-
Umpires PT1: 16 years & over. (Madatory)
Class Assistant Course: for 14years old & over (optional - to assist 'supervised' by your instructor at sessions),
Assistant instructors Course: for 17yrs & above (optional - can teach with or without your instructor's supervision)
School Instructors Management course: (Optional for adults who have passed both Assistant Instructors & Instructors courses).
Referee Pt 1 : 18 years & above (optional).
Referee Pt 2: 18 years & over (Optional)
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings that occur in the 2 months immediately before their formal grading date.