Black belts - 5th Dan
Guidance information for you.
Congratulations on your 5th Dan Black Belt.
In addition to more advanced Tae Kwon-Do skills,
- Specialist skills improvements
- 3 advanced Black Belt patterns
- Achieve & maintain requirements as previous Dan Grades.
- Must be a qualified Referee
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Other optional courses & skills for assisting/Instructing, Referee and/or officiating.
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional).
- Minimum training time before 6th Dan:- 6 years
Formal course options: (5th dans are usually already adults over 21 years & above)
Class Assistant Course: (optional - to assist 'supervised' by your instructor at sessions),
Assistant instructors Course: (optional - can teach with or without your instructor's supervision)
Instructors courses: 18 years & above (optional, but must have already passed the Assistant Instructors course).
School Instructors Management course: (Optional for adults who have passed both Assistant Instructors & Instructors courses).
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings directly before any formal grading date.
(It is advantageous for Dan grades to extend their abilities & knowledge of Tae Kwon-Do by studying such things as the principles of instructing others. However it is not mandatory to teach at a club or start a club of your own, that is completely optional).