Black belts - 2nd Dan
Guidance information for you.
Congratulations on your 2nd Dan Black Belt.
In addition to advanced TKD skills,
- Speciality techniques,
- Advanced skills & 3 patterns,
- Umpires Part 2 Course. (mandatory for 16yrs & above)
- Tournanment rules info
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Must attend Pre-gradings with TAGB Grand Masters / Masters every 6 months,
- Minimum training time before 3rd Dan:- 3 years
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional)
- Other optional courses & skills for assisting/or Instructing, referee &/or officiating.
Available courses & minimum age:-
Umpires Pt 2: 16 years & over. (Mandatory)
Class assistant course: 14years upwards (optional - to assist 'supervised' by your instructor at sessions),
Assistant Instructor course: 17yrs & above (optional - can teach with or without your instructor's supervision)
Instructors course: 18 yrs & above (optional, but must have already passed the Assistant Instructors course)
School Instructors Management course: (Optional for adults who've passed both Assistant Instructors & Instructors)
Referee Pt 1 : 18 years & above (optional).
Referee Pt 2: 18 years & over (Optional)
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings that occur in the 2 months immediately before their grading date.
(It is advantageous for Dan grades to extend their abilities & knowledge of Tae Kwon-Do by studying such things as the principles of instructing others. However it is not mandatory to teach at a club or start a club of your own, that is completely optional).