Black belts - 3rd Dan
Guidance information for you.
3rd Dan Black belt
Congratulations on your promotion to 3rd Dan.
In addition to more advanced Tae Kwon-Do skills,
- Speciality skills Advanced training & 3 patterns
- Referee Part 1 Course: (18yrs & above)
- Officiate or compete in at least 2 events per year. Includes 1 National TAGB event.
- Must attend Pre-gradings with TAGB Grand Masters / Masters every 6 months,
- Other optional courses & skills for assisting/Instructing, referee and/or officiating.
- Assisting at Coloured belt gradings (optional).
- Achieve & maintain requirements as previous Dan Grades.
- Minimuim training time before 4th Dan:- 4 years
Available courses & min ages:-
Referees Pt 1: 18 years & over (Madatory)
Class Assistant Course: for 14years old & over (optional - to assist 'supervised' by your instructor at sessions),
Assistant instructors Course: for 17yrs & above (optional - can teach with or without your instructor's supervision)
Instructors courses: 18 years & above (optional, but must have already passed the Assistant Instructors course).
School Instructors Management course: (Optional for adults who have passed both Assistant Instructors & Instructors courses).
Referees Pt 2: 18 years & above (Optional)
Black belts must attend pre-gradings every 6 months & attend all 3 pre-gradings directly before any formal grading date.
(It is advantageous for Dan grades to extend their abilities & knowledge of Tae Kwon-Do by studying such things as the principles of instructing others. However it is not mandatory to teach at a club or start a club of your own, that is completely optional).